The 2020 Feed Geelong Grant Round is NOW CLOSED. Applications submitted are currently under review. Applicants will be contacted at the end of October about the outcome of their application and grants awarded will be publicly announced in November 2019.
It is widely recognised that food insecurity has detrimental effects on individuals, families and the community as a whole. Significant evidence suggests that not everyone has regular access to food and that food insecurity is a growing issue in the Geelong/G21 region.
Each year the Give Where You Live Foundation raises funds through the Feed Geelong appeal to provide Feed Geelong Grants to help organisations improve and increase access to nutritious and culturally appropriate food for those who are most vulnerable in our community. Specifically grant funding can be used for:
- Kitchen and storage infrastructure (e.g. cupboards and storage containers, refrigerators, freezers, trolley, food processors, kitchen equipment)
- Minor capital works projects (e.g. building out a food pantry, installing shelving, building a cool room)
- Transportation of food (e.g. funding toward refrigerated vehicles or trailers, fuel)
- Service delivery (support for program that prepare and deliver food and/or support the development of nutrition knowledge and food preparation skills to those experiencing food insecurity
- Nutritious and culturally appropriate food (e.g. meat, dairy, fruit and veg when it is unable to be sourced through donations)
The maximum grant request in this Grant Round is $5,000. All Grants are non-recurrent and for the 8-month period of November to June.
Only one application will be accepted from each organisation in Feed Geelong Grant Round.
Grants Awarded in Previous Years
You can review our past Feed Geelong Grant Recipients here.