The 2020 Feed Geelong Grant Round is NOW OPEN
It is widely recognised that food insecurity has detrimental effects on individuals, families and the community as a whole. Significant evidence suggests that not everyone has regular access to food and that food insecurity is a growing issue in the Geelong/G21 region.
Each year the Give Where You Live Foundation raises funds through the Feed Geelong appeal to provide Feed Geelong Grants to help organisations improve and increase access to nutritious and culturally appropriate food for those who are most vulnerable in our community. Specifically grant funding can be used for:
- Kitchen and storage infrastructure (e.g. cupboards and storage containers, refrigerators, freezers, trolley, food processors, kitchen equipment)
- Minor capital works projects (e.g. building out a food pantry, installing shelving, building a cool room)
- Transportation of food (e.g. funding toward refrigerated vehicles or trailers, fuel)
- Service delivery (support for program that prepare and deliver food and/or support the development of nutrition knowledge and food preparation skills to those experiencing food insecurity
- Nutritious and culturally appropriate food (e.g. meat, dairy, fruit and veg when it is unable to be sourced through donations)
The maximum grant request in this Grant Round is $5,000. All Grants are non-recurrent and will be for the 8-month period of 1 November 1 2019 to 30 June 2020.
Only one application will be accepted from each organisation in the 2020 Feed Geelong Grant Round.
We are currently accepting Feed Geelong Grant Applications until 3:00PM Friday 20 September 2019.
Public Information Session
All scheduled information sessions on our Feed Geelong Grant Round have concluded. If you were unable to attend the session you can view the 2020 Feed Geelong Grant Round Info Session Presentation which highlights additional information related to our Feed Geelong Grant Round. If you have any questions about the PowerPoint presentation please contact Cynthia Scherer, Community Impact and Grants Manager by email or phone (03) 5229 4364.
Other Resources to Assist You in Submitting a Successful Application
Below are resources that can assist you in putting forward your best application:
- 2020 Feed Geelong Grant: Guidelines – this resource provides all details related to the Feed Geelong Grant process, from eligibility, to timeline, to assessment criteria to expectations for successful grant recipients.
- 2020 Feed Geelong Grant: Tips for Completing Your Application – this resource takes you through each question in the application and provides additional direction, examples or information about what we are looking for from a question.
- 2020 Feed Geelong Grant: Tips for Using the Online Application Form – this resource provides tips about using our online application form. This includes information about the save and resume function, attachments and common submission errors.
- 2020 Feed Geelong Grant: MSWord Doc Version of the Application – while applications must be submitted via our online application form we do provide a word version of the application to assist applicants in preparing their submission. We encourage you to prepare you answers in the word version and to copy and paste them into the online application.
It can also be helpful to review our past Feed Geelong Grant recipients.
Starting Your Online Application
Once you have reviewed all the resources above and prepared your application in the word document version you can start your online application here: