The 2019 Feed Geelong Grant Round is now CLOSED
Across the Geelong/G21 region there are more than 50 organisations running at least 99 programs that provide emergency food assistance to men, women and children in need.
These are just the organisations we know of – we believe there are more. Many of these organisations are run by volunteers. Many of these organisations are run on a small budgets.
Each year the Feed Geelong appeal raises funds to provide organisations like these in the Geelong/G21 region with grants to increase access to nutritious food for those most vulnerable in our community. The Feed Geelong Grant Round will provide small grants up to $5,000 to help organisations improve food supply and access to nutritional food. Specifically grant funding can be used for:
- Kitchen and storage infrastructure (e.g. cupboards and storage containers, refrigerators, freezers, trolley, food processors, kitchen equipment)
- Minor capital works projects (building out a food pantry, installing shelving, building a cool room)
- Programs that prepare and deliver food and/or support the development of nutrition knowledge and food preparation skills to those experiencing food insecurity
- Transportation of food (e.g. funding toward refrigerated vehicles or trailers, fuel)
- Nutritious and culturally appropriate food (e.g. meat, dairy, fruit and veg ) when it is unable to be sourced through donations.
The 2020 Feed Geelong Grants will open in August 2019. You can see the 2019 Grants awarded here.
For further information regarding the Feed Geelong Grants, please contact us.