Each year the Feed Geelong Appeal raises funds to provide organisations with grants to increase access to nutritious food for those most vulnerable in our community.
In 2017 the Feed Geelong Small Grants will provide up to $5,000 to help organisations improve food supply and access to nutritional food. Specifically grant funding can be used for:
- Kitchen and storage infrastructure (e.g. cupboards and storage containers, refrigerators, freezers, trolley, food processors, kitchen equipment)
- Minor capital works projects (building out a food pantry, installing shelving, building a cool room)
- Programs that prepare and deliver food and/or support the development of nutrition knowledge and food preparation skills to those experiencing food insecurity
- Transportation of food (e.g. funding toward refrigerated vehicles or trailers, fuel)
- Nutritious and culturally appropriate food (e.g. meat, dairy, fruit and veg ) when it is unable to be sourced through donations.
2017 Feed Geelong Small Grants will open on Monday 28 August and close at 3pm, Monday 25 September. All information (including the link to the online application form) related to the Feed Geelong Small Grants will be available here. For further information regarding the 2017 Feed Geelong Grants or to be added to the notification email list, please contact us.