Thousands of men, women and children in the Geelong community are struggling to put three healthy meals on the table each day. With your help, Feed Geelong is doing something about it!
Every Thursday throughout July, cafes around Geelong will be hosting ‘Soup Kitchen Thursday’, raising valuable funds for Feed Geelong.
Every Thursday throughout July (between 12 -2pm unless sold out), you can grab a wonderful bowl of takeaway soup and a slice of La Madre bread for only $7.
This year we welcome on board Pakington Cottage, Busters Bar & Grill, Green Mumma, Box Office Cafe and 63 degrees to join as a Soup Kitchen supporters. Soup is available from the following cafes:
- bear & bean café, Little Ryrie Street carpark, Geelong
- Box Office Cafe, Preston Street, Geelong West
- Busters Bar & Grill, Pakington Street, Newtown
- Cocco Cafe, Ryrie Street, Geelong
- Cravings Café, Malop Street, Geelong
- dal Café, Cnr Fenwick and Little Ryrie Street, Geelong
- Green Mumma, Melbourne Road, Rippleside
- King of the Castle Café, Pakington Street, Geelong West
- Pakington Cottage, Pakington Street, Newtown
- 63 degrees, Pakington Street, Geelong West and Barrabool Road, Highton
All soup and bread are generously donated to ensure that 100% of soup sales will go directly to Feed Geelong.
About Feed Geelong
- Its estimated that 368,732 meals per year are provided by the Geelong Emergency Food Relief System. That’s approximately 1000 meals a day.
- 26% of the approximately 5,000 per week requests for food assistance per annum are by families (statistics from the Food for Thought Report, 2014)
To address Geelong’s food insecurity crisis, Feed Geelong provides grants to assist those organisations working within the Geelong Emergency Food Relief System, while also drawing attention to the crisis on our doorstep.
Photo credit: Mitch Bear